SISTERS OF THE PRESENTATION
Position: Human Resource Coordinator
Department: House Administration
Responsible to: Leadership Team
Position Summary: Collaborates with the Leadership Team and Department Supervisors to administer, coordinate and evaluate all Human Resource functions.
Role and Responsibilities:
Hiring and Tracking Employees
- Coordinate the human resource functions of the organization by assisting Department Supervisors in all aspects of recruitment and placement of personnel as well as job description review.
- Administer employee compensation and benefits; monitor employee performance appraisal system and revise as necessary.
- Coordinate and be present in recruitment and interviews for all potential personnel with Department Supervisors to secure and maintain staff. Monitor hiring practices as well as internal job posting procedures.
- Welcome all new employees and review employee compensation and benefits.
- Initiate, revise, recommend, interpret and administer the personnel policies and procedures in a manner which promotes a healthy, positive and safe work environment.
- Receive and review employee evaluations and respond to those needing action.
- Maintain availability for employee relations / counseling relative to employment and or exit interview.
Education and Collaboration
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team in facilitating correspondence, presentations, education and employee in-services.
- Collaborate with the Department Supervisors in developing department staffing goals, objectives and systems in order to carry out daily, monthly and yearly operations.
- Coordinate training programs that provide development opportunities for employees. Such programs may include new employee orientation, supervisory skills development and mission integration.
- Facilitate all necessary trainings as stated in the employee handbook.
Legal Employment Compliances
- Stay abreast of current policies regarding legal issues of employment. Monitor the organization’s practice for compliance with applicable laws.
- Maintain accurate and current systems covering all aspects of employee record keeping.
- Receive all personnel (on the job) injury reports from Department Supervisor and file claims with workers compensation insurance company. Submit employee medical bills for payment as received from providers.
- Complete necessary paperwork for workers compensation insurance company regarding loss of personnel hours due to injuries.
- Maintain current, former and medical personnel folders.
Financial Research and Review
- Prepare and submit annual combined salary budget to the Finance Office.
- Research and review annual wage surveys to promote fair compensation and benefits.
- Collaborate with the Finance Office to process bi-weekly payroll.
- Sustain and review a record of insurance coverage, pension plans, and other procedures associated with benefits administration.
- Monitor workers compensation programs and associated costs.
- Attend Department and Administrative Team meetings.
- Retain membership and participate in related professional associations such as SHRM.
- Participate in the mission of the Sisters of the Presentation.
Level of Interpersonal Skills Required:
- Act as a role model within and outside the organization
- Attend to detail and accuracy
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to cope with a variety of personalities and other stress factors related to the responsibilities of this position.
- Ability to recognize and proactively address adverse situations.
- Ability to approach people in a manner which creates harmony and promotes cooperation
- Exhibit flexibility and self-initiative
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources (or related field) or a minimum 3 years experience in a Human Resource position.
Knowledge of business management.
Ability to gain proficiency in the internal language of the Catholic church, religious life and the Sisters of the Presentation.
• Willingness to participate in the mission of the Sisters of the Presentation.
• Capacity to implement organizational and departmental goals and policies.
• Willingness to present a caring, cheerful and professional behavior.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the person assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a total and complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. The language of this job description is not intended to create, nor is it intended to be interpreted, as a contract between the employer and employee. The Sisters of the Presentation are at-will employers. A yearly evaluation is administered based on the assigned duties.